Friday, December 30, 2011

Love Thyself?

I was studying my bible this morning, and I came to the scripture "Love thy neighbor as you love thyself." (Gal. 5:14, Matt.22:40, Lev.19:18). That is one of the greastest commandments for all of us to follow. The question that struck me is, do you love yourself? I know we hear people say this a lot, but really how can we love anybody else when we don't love ourselves? How much do we really love ourselves? If we love ourselves then why do we put ourselves in situations that is harmful to us? Some examples: abusive relationships, drug addictions, alcoholism, fornication, gluttony, lasciviousness, hatred,etc. Someone may ask, how are these things harmful or hurting me? All I can tell you is to look back over your life and ask yourself that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment