Wednesday, June 22, 2011

count it all joy

My brothers and sisters consider it joyous when we go through various trials; know this, that the testing of your faith produces patience (James 1 verse 2-3).

I'm pretty sure many of us have gone through something and have asked the question, "Lord why me" or may be you just wondered "Lord, what is going on"?  Someone may be asking those questions right at this very moment or probably feel like giving up and throwing in the towel. The situations that we go through may not feel or look good to us. We may not understand it and we will not always understand God. But God knows how we feel that is why He gives us instructions in His word. One of His instructions is for us to consider it joyous when we are going through our trials or hard times. I know what you may be thinking, easier said than done right? I can agree with that but I also know that it can be done. How can it be done? By dwelling on the positive instead of the negative. There is a positive somewhere in the situation. When we go through trials, God is testing our faith in Him. God is looking at our reaction to the situation. Whether we're going to trust Him or if we're going to give up and turn our backs on Him. By saying that (turn our backs) are we gone go back to some of our old evil ways or turn back to people that God has separated us from for whatever reason. We may not know it, but God knows what He is doing. He knows what it takes to get us to where we need to be. I don't know what your situation may be or how painful it is. I do know that through it all God is performing a good work in you (see He still working on me). You may be dealing with a death of a loved one. If so, my heart goes out to you. Know that, good can come out of that situation. I don't know if you all have seen Tyler Perry's Madeas Big Happy Family. If you have, you will notice that family was not happy or getting along until the mother had passed. Her death had brought the family together. Someone death may have caused a person to turn their life around. You may have lost your job. I know it's not easy, I've been there. I'm here to tell you to trust God. I know you have bills to pay and mouths to feed, but trust God. There is nothing too hard for God (Jeremiah 32 verse 27) and just enjoy your moment of rest (Matthew 11 verse 28-30). You know that job was stressing you out anyway :) I don't know who this was for, well actually i do know, it was for everyone who read this blog because we all are going through something. I just want to encourage you to count it all joy, look at the positive instead of the negative, allow God to complete His work in you and most of all TRUST GOD. Don't think that God is mad at you or that He doesn't love you. He loves all of us and what we go through is not to harm us but to do us good. God word says, For i know the thoughts that I thinks towards you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29 verse 11). Think on that and as you do talk to God. Let Him know how you feel. Be real with God. He knows how you really feel anyway and He always keeps it real with us.


Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment