Thursday, June 23, 2011

count it all joy: testimony

i want to share a testimony with you related to my blog Count it all Joy. on the evening that i had posted this blog, my daughter and i was out running errands. we had been out for awhile and we were hungry. my daughter wanted to go to Mr. Gattis and since she had been out of school this week, due to outpatient surgery she had, i wanted to treat her. i'm gone share with you all that i didn't have any money on me nor in my account. So i decided that i would write a check. we arrived at Mr. Gattis and as soon as i opened the door to walk in there was a sign that read "sorry we no longer accept personal checks". i told my daughter that we wasn't going to be able to eat there and she began to cry. she asked could we go to the chinese restaurant. we went there only to see the sign "no personal checks accepted". we turned around and my daughter cried even harder. so i suggested that we go to chick-fil-a because i just knew that they accepted checks. we go inside and i was told that they no longer accepted checks. this time i decided that we would just go home. my heart was broken because of the look of disappointment in my child's eyes and i felt like a failure. to top it all off, my gas hand was on empty, on the little red line. i went to the gas station. my plan was to use my card as a credit and guess what, i was denied. this time i wanted to cry. now, let me tell you how satan operates. in my mind,satan's battlefield, i could hear satan mocking me "count it all joy. you told others to count it all joy so lets see if you gone count it all joy. what you gone do now?" immediately, i started praising
God and i prayed that we would make it home and that God will supply our needs. we came home,had dinner and made smoothies.

Now,let me tell you how my God works. the following day I had woke up, went into my prayer closet and talked to God about my situation. Not too long after that my phone had rung while i was at the gas station pumping gas. it was my director from my job. now, before i go any furthur let me inform you that i had been working on my job as part-time status since January. My director was calling me to offer me a full-time position. HALLELUJAH, PRAISE GOD. God is soooo good. again, i just wanted to encourage someone to Count in all Joy, and expect to see something good out of whatever situation you may be going through. Trust God. Do not give up on Him

No comments:

Post a Comment